GD1 and 2: Surrealist Sketchbook Assignment
Take a screen shot of all your layers. Print this screen shot and place in your binder. Answer the following questions on a sheet of lined paper titled Surrealism Notes.
1. What is your vintage image?
2. What texture did you use?
3. Where did you use a layer blending mode and how did it effect the collage?
4. Where did you use an adjustment layer and how did it effect the collage?
5. Where did you use a layer fx (style) and how did it effect the collage?
6. What does fair use mean and how do you know your project falls under fair use?
7. Which surrealist technique did you use in your collage?
a. juxtaposition: placing two unlikely objects next to each other (like the lobster tail on the phone receiver)
b. transformation: blending two unlike objects together (like the shoe with the toes)
c. dislocation: taking away part of a body and replacing it with something else (like a lightbulb for a head)