This project is due at the end of the period today, Tuesday January 7th.
You will be designing a poster for the Harbor High Musical Production of Chicago. To design the poster you first need an understanding of the story line, and aesthetic of the time period.
In your sketchbook answer these questions:
1. Who are the main characters in Chicago?
2. What is the time period?
3. What is the main conflict?
4. How is the conflict resolved?
Read this synopsis and What this video to answer the questions:
Set in the legendary city during the roaring “jazz hot” 20s, Chicago tells the story of two rival vaudevillian murderesses locked up in Cook County Jail. Nightclub star Velma’s serving time for killing her husband and sister after finding the two in bed together. Driven chorus girl Roxie’s been tossed in the joint for bumping off the lover she’s been cheating on her husband with. Not one to rest on her laurels, Velma enlists the help of prison matron Mama Morton and slickster lawyer Billy Flynn, who turn Velma’s incarceration into a murder-of-the-week media frenzy, thus preparing the world for a splashy showbiz comeback. But Roxie’s got some of her own tricks up her sleeve… click the link below for full details.
Now gather examples for a moodboard you will create in illustrator, print out, and glue to your sketchbook.
1. Create an 8.5 x 11" document in illustrator
2. Find 3 examples of type faces from the 1920s, take screen shots of the type and include the three images in your document.
3. Find 3 examples of flapper women from the 1920s and include those images in your document.
4. Take 3 examples from this link and include in your document.
5. find two examples of 1920's color palettes and include them in your document.
6. print this document and glue inside your sketchbook.