You will be creating a surrealist collage using photoshop. Follow the steps below.
First: Watch this video to learn what surrealism is. You will be answering organized binder prompts related to this video
Second: Understand fair use:
Third: gather inspiration. You will find 6 surreal images and place them into a 8.5x11 inch photoshop document. print this document out and include it in your sketchbook section of your organized binder.
Here is a great starting point for gathering inspiration files (you will need a pinterest account to view)
Fourth: Now you are ready to create your own surrealist photoshop collage. Follow these exact requirements:
1. Document must be 11x17 inches at 300ppi (could be horizontal or vertical)
2. You must use the overlay blending mode for one of your layers
3. You must use an fx in one of your layers
4. You must use an adjustment for one of your layers
5. You must have a minimum of 8 layered images including a texture, a vintage image (1980 or older), an image of nature.
6. Your texture must come from this resource:
Gather your images from these sources:
If you search with google get the largest file size you can. Watch this video to learn how:
Things to keep in mind:
Only use unedited photos from the internet, do not use collaged or edited work of other people's.
Ideas to try:
Put an ocean inside of a room
Remove someone’s head and put another image in its’ place
Have something unusual growing from a tree
Replace hair with fire, snakes, clouds, etc.