This assignment will be created in photoshop. You are required to choose one word, or one letter form, and have the typography interact in layers with a photograph like the examples below.
Follow these instructions:
1. Create a 12x18 300 dpi document in photoshop and name it A1_type_jennya and save to your google drive.
2. Choose an image you want to use. Remember to select the highest resolution photo when searching google images. Not smaller than 1024x1024
2. Download a font that matches the feel of your image.
3. Select the image from the background and save as layer mask.
4. make two layers of type. place on in the top layer, then place your image, then place the type in the bottom layer. rasterize the type in the top layer and erase parts of it out to make it look like the samples below. interacting with the image.
5. Consider using a texture or pattern for the background
6. Save as a jpg and submit to the turn in folder
Here are student samples form last year:
Here are professional examples